Trustpage is on a mission to change the way the software industry builds trust. No longer is simply linking to a "Privacy and Security" page on your website enough: customers now want visibility into how their data stored and protected. We believe that every company should lead with trust on their website, in customer conversations, and in sales cycles, and that a Trustpage Trust Center can enable this change.
We're looking for our first Trust Advisor to join our Trust team. Your role is to serve as an advisor to our customers and our product and to work closely alongside our Head of Trust as they aim to revolutionize the Trust industry. We're looking for someone who has an open mind and who gets excited about the opportunity to join an early stage company and help build processes and teams from the ground up.
- Interact with users of our product to help guide them through our product and their overall journey with Trust by sharing best practices or by educating them on important Trust-related topics
- Work closely with the Trust, Product, and Sales teams to distill information learned from users about our product and to increase overall customer satisfaction
- Conduct thorough industry research, which may include attending webinars, reading white papers on current trends, or networking with industry leaders
- Answer product-related questions in a polite manner and addressing queries promptly
- Build support documentation and guides
- Minimum 3 years experience in Customer Service or Account Management role preferably as part of a SaaS solution
- Current enterprise cyber security industry experience preferred but not required
- Understand data privacy laws and compliance
- Experience managing customer implementation and onboarding and building documentation to support such efforts
- Track record of giving customers a great experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit / Self-starter with time management, planning, and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Nice to Have
- Certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). If not already certified, desire and willingness to become certified is required
- Experience working with tools and technology such as Slack, Front, Notion, Hubspot
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile environment with distributed teams and fast-paced work
- Knowledge of security tool categories such as penetration testing, web vulnerability scanning, network security, anti-malware, and encryption
- First-hand experience with the problems Trustpage is working to solve
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is currently preferred but other applicants will be considered.
Trustpage values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Trustpage will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.